Vermont Wage Distribution 2004 - 2018
All Industries and All Occupations 
Occupational Employment Statistics Survey
  Hourly Wage   Annual Wage
2018 2017 2016 2015 2014 2013 2012 2011 2010 2009 2008 2007 2006 2005 2004 2018 2017 2016 2015 2014 2013 2012 2011 2010 2009 2008 2007 2006 2005 2004
Percentile 1    
   10th 11.51 10.97 10.45 10.05 9.75 9.57 9.43 9.32 9.27 9.17 8.96 8.67 8.39 8.11 7.87 23,940 22,820 21,740 20,900 20,280 19,910 19,610 19,400 19,290 19,060 18,630 18,030 17,440 16,860 16,370
   25th 13.98 13.43 13.05 12.66 12.28 12.05 11.73 11.55 11.44 11.42 11.22 10.79 10.40 10.03 9.80 29,080 27,940 27,150 26,320 25,550 25,060 24,390 24,030 23,800 23,750 23,330 22,450 21,620 20,870 20,370
   50th (Median) 19.10 18.57 18.23 17.81 17.39 17.01 16.61 16.36 15.97 15.73 15.31 14.81 14.19 13.68 13.43 39,720 38,640 37,920 37,040 36,170 35,380 34,540 34,030 33,220 32,720 31,840 30,810 29,510 28,450 27,930
   75th 28.62 27.91 27.12 26.42 25.85 25.46 24.94 24.43 23.81 23.38 22.79 21.87 20.85 20.10 19.62 59,520 58,050 56,400 54,960 53,780 52,950 51,870 50,810 49,530 48,620 47,400 45,490 43,370 41,810 40,800
   90th 41.13 39.91 38.85 37.74 36.74 36.41 36.26 35.75 35.16 33.98 32.65 31.05 29.54 28.20 27.63 85,540 83,010 80,800 78,510 76,420 75,730 75,420 74,370 73,120 70,680 67,910 64,590 61,430 58,650 57,470
   
Mean 2 24.11 23.48 22.90 22.15 21.41 21.18 21.00 20.71 20.21 19.68 19.12 18.30 17.48 16.86 16.52 50,150 48,840 47,620 46,060 44,540 44,060 43,680 43,080 42,030 40,940 39,780 38,060 36,350 35,070 34,360
1 - The percentile wage shows the percentage of workers that earn less than a given wage and the percentage that earn more.
The hourly wage estimates in 2018 indicate that:
10% of employees earn less than $11.51 per hour; therefore the remaining 90% earn more than $11.51 per hour.
25% earn less than $13.98; 75% earn more than $13.98.
50% earn less than $19.1; 50% earn more than $19.1 (The 50th percentile is also the Median).
75% earn less than $28.62; 25% earn more than $28.62.
90% earn less than $41.13; 10% earn more than $41.13.
2 - The mean wage is an average wage. The mean wage estimate is calculated by summing the wages of all the employees and then dividing the total wages by the number of employees.
The OES survey is a semiannual survey measuring occupational employment and wage rates for wage and salary workers in nonfarm establishments in Vermont.  Each year, surveys are mailed to establishments in May and November.  2018 estimates are based on responses from 3,925 establishments surveyed over a 3-year period: May 2018, November 2017, May 2017, November 2016, May 2016, and November 2015.  Overall across the six panels, 4,901 establishments were mailed surveys for a 80 percent response rate.  Wages reported prior to May 2018 are updated to May 2018 using the Bureau of Labor Statistics Employment Cost Index (ECI).  
More information is available at Technical Notes for OES Estimates.
Source - Vermont Department of Labor, Economic & Labor Market Information, Occupational Employment Statistics (OES) program in cooperation with the U.S. Bureau of Labor Statistics  -  released April 2019.  
Last updated 4/1/2019